Friday’s Resource – PG’s List
I thought I had seen some weird TGIF photos, but man…
Just a quick link for this Friday’s resource. Peter Greyy over at A Special Thing made a nice little list of nuggets of wisdom for people wondering if they should get into stand-up comedy. He doesn’t pull any punches, and there’s a nice elegance to his brevity. What I spend a thousand words trying to explore, he can usually boil down to a sentence.
A few of my faves:
- If you want to do it, quit thinking about doing it and just do it.
- Try it and see. If it works, awesome. If it fails, well, then, now you know what doesn’t work. Or recognize that there are a million reasons why something might not have worked once and you should probably try it again.
- Don’t get into comedy to make friends. Don’t go into comedy to find love. Don’t go into comedy to become famous. We all do and we all find heartbreak. Suck it up and deal with it.
- You have no idea how much you don’t know. You have even less of an idea how you’ll change when you start to find out. [My favourite one, so very true – J]
- Your friends will stop being interested in seeing you at open mics very quickly.
You can find the full list here.
Have a good weekend!